Packaging policies revised as of 4 February 2010
Subject to change without notice, based on economic and market conditions
Orders placed by 12:00 EST for in-stock materials typically ship the same day.
Truck shipments scheduled for in-stock materials typically ship within 24 hours.
Orders may be picked up here in Indianapolis, Ind., or we can ship to virtually anywhere in the world!
“Pick-up” orders can be cut to carry away (there is no charge if we cut in half or in thirds, or to “8-footers plus drops”).
Local Indianapolis-area delivery is available via AED (limited delivery area), courier service or United Parcel Service (UPS).
All other orders shipped by UPS, Common Carrier and US Mail (International shipments only).
- UPS Shipping
- Common Carrier or Truck Shipments
- International Shipments
- Insurance is prepaid and added to all orders shipped by UPS
- Full length tubes and bars will be cut to 6 or 8 footers plus the drops for no charge
- $3.00 packaging charge for small parts orders
- $10.00 packaging charge for material up to 72″ long
- $15.00 packaging charge for material over 72″ long – UPS maximum is 96″
Additional handling charges may aply on residential shipments and havey packages (more than 70 lbs) or over 72″ long, as determined by shipping service.
- $10.00 for UPS COD (This is believed to be current, but subject to change at any time)
- UPS no longer accepts cash payments at delivery
- Shipping charges are subject to change any time per UPS
- RESIDENTIAL SHIPMENTS: UPS generally will leave all package shipments at the door
- TRUE BUSINESS SHIPMENTS: UPS generally requires signature at delivery
Common Carrier or Truck Shipments:
- All truck shipments ship FREIGHT COLLECT, F.O.B INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA 46268 USA.
- “Freight Collect” means you settle shipping charges at time of delivery. Absolutely NO truckline COD shipments.
- You may request you preferred carrier at the time of order, or you should receive our discount (approx. 69%) from one of our regular trucking companies that are shipped to commercial (business) addresses.
- Truck shipments to residential addresses are strongly discouraged. Alternate option is to pick up at the local truckline terminal.
- Skid charge for sheets and/or plates: $25.oo per skid
- OSB (Oriented Strand Board) Export Skids available at additional charge, currently $75.00.
- If you would like your material packed in a cardboard tube for safer shipment, please request at time of order. Cardboard packaging tube can cost $20.00 to $45.00, depending on size of tube.
NOTE: For safety or travel concerns, certain items (such as very small and or very long tubes) must be either cut in half or packaged in cardboard.
Appropriate package charge will be added to your order.
- AED ships all over the world on a regular basis
- Payments for material preferred by major credit card, but wire transfers are also accepted. Click here for more information.
- Small shipments: We ship via UPS, the US Postal Service, or freight forwarder.
- Larger shipments: We can use our freight forwarder, or we can use or ship to your freight forwarder.
- Airfreight preferred, but we can also arrange for sea freight, if the shipment is heavy enough.
- Additional Skid or Cardboard Tube packaging charges may apply – see notes above.
- When you contact us for pricing and availability, please provide the name of your city and country, as well as the name of the nearest major customs airport.
- Shipments over 1000 lbs can ship via sea freight, please provide name of nearest major seaport.